Why SEO is Important and Why Businesses Need it!
If you’re a business owner, why wouldn’t you want to make your company visible on search engines? SEO is an important aspect of any type of marketing strategy because it connects with consumers and helps businesses stay afloat in the online sphere. There are so many ways that this can manifest into actionable steps: keyword research, blogging services, link-building campaigns – even further optimization tactics. Let’s explore how these different aspects act as powerful tools for boosting visibility!
Common Issues From a Website That Lacks SEO
Stagnant Web Traffic
Organic search greatly impacts a business’s website performance. If a website doesn’t have SEO, it won’t rank high on search engines. No one will be able to find you, so your web traffic will flatline.
Low Conversions and Reach
A website without SEO results in low conversions because you aren’t targeting the correct people. SEO helps you market to your target audience. When Google doesn’t know who your target audience is (since you haven’t defined it), random people who aren’t your ideal customers will end up on your site.
People who search for similar services or products you offer will not find you. That results in missed opportunities by not maximizing common ways consumers find businesses online.
5 Types of SEO
There are several types of SEO you need for a well-rounded organic search strategy but we are going to focus on the top 5.
- On-page SEO is the process of optimizing each page on a website. You can optimize pages by providing valuable content and through the HTML source code.
- Technical SEO ensures that your website meets the technical requirements of search engines. You can audit your technical SEO by looking at crawling, indexing, website architecture, and rendering.
- Off-page SEO is actions not on your website that impact your search engine ranking. This includes linking to your website on other platforms and being active on other websites, such as social media. The goal is to improve the perception of your website among users.
- Local SEO has a number of steps that are important for local SEO that you won’t need to think about in a more traditional SEO campaign. For example, making sure that you’ve claimed your Google My Business page, which ensures that your name, address, phone number, opening hours, reviews, and other useful information is prominently displayed in search results and on Google Maps. That listing itself needs to be optimized with good photos, descriptive information, and real reviews from customers.
- YouTube SEO is a niche type of optimization, but it can make a big difference in how much traffic you’re getting. Many people don’t realize that YouTube is one of the world’s most popular search engines, and that ranking for a popular search there is absolute gold. And if you can also rank one of your videos for a standard Google search, you can get an even bigger boost.
By breaking down your strategy and thinking about SEO as these three categories, it will be much easier to strategize and execute your optimization plans.
Benefits of an SEO Strategy
Reduces Bounce Rates
Bounce rate is when someone lands on your website and almost immediately leaves. When your website is optimized, the right people will find it. That means you have the information that they are searching for, and they won’t bounce. The goal isn’t to drive as much traffic as you can. It’s to drive the right traffic to your website. That will increase your conversion rate.
Better User Experience
When the right people land on your website, they will find exactly what they need. As mentioned, your website performance will suffer if people can’t find what they need. Use on-page SEO strategies to make finding information quick and easy.
Local search has become a huge part of businesses’ success. Local SEO optimizes your website to target a specific location. Businesses should have a Google My Business page to optimize for local search. People are searching for your product or service, so they are ready to buy. They are just trying to figure out who to buy from. Don’t take for granted what your free online business listing can do for your sales and relationship building. Explore my Google My Business services.
Optimizing a website has never been easy thanks to the wide variety of SEO options available. For those just getting started, on-page optimization can be enough for now but if you want your site’s ranking boosted in search results and make it near impossible for people not to find what they’re looking for then you’ll need to use at least three types of SEO: On-page Optimization, social media optimization (SMO), and link building.
Now that you know the top 5 SEO strategies, and the benefits of an SEO strategy, you can start putting these tips into practice. Get started today. It’s never too early to start implementing SEO strategies. If you want assistance setting up your SEO strategy, apply to work with us. We would be happy to help optimize your site to grow your business.